Make an anonymous report
250 North Clark
"Operation Blue Angel"
"Operation Blue Angel" is a free program currently used by the Powell Police Department and the Park County Sheriff's Office. The purpose is to provide access into a residence for Emergency First Responders in the event of an medical emergency where the resident is unable to open the door. The program provides a lock box that contains a key to your residence, which will be secured to a undisclosed location.
Eligible residents must be:
- 55 years of age or older
- Live alone or are alone for extended periods of time on a regular basis
- Persons with a medical condition that could lead to incapacitation
Benefits of "Operation Blue Angel" to the community include:
- A list of emergency contacts for those who participate in the program.
- First responders having access to the residence without having to damage windows or doors.
- Peace of mind for residents knowing first responders have a key in the event of a emergency.
- Only Law Enforcement officers can access the lockbox.
Applications can be picked up at the Powell Law Enforcement Center
or send a email to:
For those residents who live outside the City of Powell, visit the Park County Sheriff's Office "Operation Blue Angel" web page for more details. Click Here